Wednesday, December 12, 2007

sewing and cake

So I'm making Christmas presents these days. Yes dear readers my little hands and sewing machine are very tired. I made this little number from "Bend the Rules Sewing" by Amy Karol

the lovely little deer and patch work strip was my own touch though.
then I made this little sweet heart the other night. I'm quit proud of her as she is my first doll and all from a pattern I made my self. Her name is Roxy Robot and I plan on making her a little book to go with her before I pack her up for Christmas.
then today i felt like making some cake, so i dug through my cake pans to find this cute mini bunt tray and thought how fun. i filled the centers with fudge frosting and then drizzled it down the sides i did it while the cakes where still warm so some of the chocolate absorbed into the cake. YUM!
anyway that was just the last few days. but my sewing machine and i have been pretty joined at the hip for the past week and a half. I've been experimenting with embroidery, applique and quilt batting. I've gotten some cute ipod cozies out of it.
oh and if you have not been lately I added some cute Christmas crafts to the shop so check it out!

No comments: