Saturday, November 15, 2008

getting back the creative energy

After months of just not feeling it, I've suddenly had a burst of that good stuff. my head has been swimming with ideas for the house and for gifts for friends and family. I'd been trying to force it for a while and that was just not working. But now, the mojo is back!
So onto the reason for a second post today.(that's right second post)
My new kitchen curtains!
The tree fabric are tea towels from Target, part of there winter collection, and the green houndstooth is a home dec. weight cotton I found at Wal-mart awhile back. i think i would still like to add a lace trim to the bottom and maybe get an "inside the window frame" rod. but over all a quick and quit lovely set up. over all i think this set of curtains cost me about $12.00 so I'm pleased. (sorry about the pictures it's raining out side and my kitchen doesn't have the best light to begin with)
Now for the paper crafting crowd. These are the invits to our annual "Southwell family holiday gathering". This year is especially important to us because we lost our beloved papa over the summer. So in an effort to keep up family traditions Marla (my mil) and I have teamed up this year to make it extra special for everyone.
i did them in three styles, just using what i had at home. since we don't have a lss anymore. (plus i have enough scrapbook stuff to scrapbook the next ten life times )
i used "Stampendous" stamps "N163 modern invite" and "journaling block OR1025" for the information side. My ink is Colorbox "chestnut roan" fluid chalk ink for the jounaling block and Tsukinek Brilliance pigment ink in pearlescent olive for the modern invite and the edges.

this one is: background paper basic grey fruit cake line.
circle tab my minds eye; Bohemia Christmas believe line.
cookoo clock stamp; poppyink in moss Adirondack embossing powder
date stamp; Heidi Swapp in warm green Colorbox fluid chalk ink
family gathering; making memories magnetic stamps rummage font in charcoal Colorbox fluid chalk ink.
this one is : background paper my minds eye; Bohemia Christmas believe line
deer head stamp; poppy ink in copper embossing powder
everything else the same as above.
this one is: another Bohemia Christmas paper but it is from the "merry" line
bird and branch stamp is from zingboom. the branch is in copper embossing powder and the bird is in verdigris embossing powder. and everything else is the same as the other two. all my embossing powders are ranger in case you where wondering.
i think the cookoo clock ones are my favorite. they are flat cards (they don't open) and the fit an A2 envelope. my inspiration was a calender square.
anywho, that about it. hopefully I'll have something later for a third post! (oh wouldn't that be just grand 3 posts in one day)
later gators,
heather marie