Saturday, November 15, 2008

new coasters!

In honor (and because I don't want water rings on my table) of my new coffee table, I made my self these uber cute coasters last night. I used this pattern from the allsorts blog. There was supposed to be nine coasters, but one of my fabrics was not cotton (stupid Wal-mart fabric) and it got messed up after the first cut, so I just pulled it out and continued on. All in all, I think they turned out well, but I can see where I need some improvements in my sewing techniques. I put a yellow cotton flannel on the other side and I used "soft and natural" cotton batting for the inside. The fabrics I chose are a mix of vintage and new.
And I think they just look smashing on my lovely table, so my picks must not have been so bad.
I also did this last night, it's my camera strap! I covered the "Sony" strap that came with the camera with some binding I have made a few months back out of some vintage sheets I'd been collecting up. I love how it came out. It was such an easy project I don't know why I never did it sooner. Now I just need to make a camera case.
later gators,
heather marie